Saturday, November 13, 2010

Autism Speaks Walk 2010

Previously posted on the Blog : Footeprint:

WalkTober 31st, as my Dad named it, we completed our 1st Autism Speaks Walk with 23 of the most wonderful and supportive family members you could find!

Most of us rode the light Rail to this event. As I waited to get on the train, my eyes teared up. Looking at so many members of my family wearing t-shirts that I had designed.
Shirts that were carefully ironed on by my sweet mother and dear friend Jamie. Finishing at 11 pm the night before.

When my Mom noted the little tears, I told her, this is a dream come true. To feel that kind of love and support from our family was so special.
Autism has been a huge challenge for our family. Walking together chanting Just 4 Feet... JUST 4 FEET.... warmed my heart, as I realized the blessings that have been poured upon us.
From amazing teachers, therapists, respite,& hab workers to family members who have held our crying children when Matthew and I have had nothing left to give.
Thank you for being there and helping us not only get through the walk, but also get through ever single day.
Love you all!
Sarah Foote

No comments: